Wrack Line Blog "about" and "AD policy" can be found below the picture. What's a "Wrack Line"
What's NEW in the Wrackline blog?
NEW: "Compounding Your Own" Psoriasis sufferers: if you have a prescription for Coal Tar ("LCD") ointment, and are tired of searching for pharmacies who do "compounding", do it yourself! I explain how.
NEW Tracks: "Jimmie's Top 250 Ambients" renamed to "Jimmie's Top 500 Ambients", since there are now 533 tracks listed! 29 new tracks have been added.
UPDATE: "Vertigo Notes" Added a "quick version" of the balance exercises, and other changes.
Extensive UPDATE: "Wishlist for new homes This is a very comprehensive list of "big" things like a Kitchen Pantry, as well as "little" things like full-length drawer slides for kitchen drawers, or hanging rods in the laundry room, or lights on stairways.
RECENT: "Tips on using the iPhone Camera" Make use of the Little Yellow Rectangle. Learn how to "stop down" for more dramatic pictures. Lock the focus and exposure. Plus two VERY useful gadgits.
RECENT: "Best Tip for Travel Packing" Have trouble remembering what to pack for your travels? Here's a boss tip: Take a Picture!
Check out "The Standard Superhero Plot"! It's a spoof on Superhero movies, since every superhero movie has essentially the SAME plot! Look in "Essays".
Updated Weekly: "Entries from Jimmie's Journal." The home
page will feature a quote from my journals, which span from 1975 to the present. It is hoped that these little quotes
may lead to a little extra depth of feeling for you, and that some of them might even lead to a greater understanding
of our relationship to the Universal Consciousness. And also, some of 'em are for just for the sake of humor! There's also
a "Previous Journal Entries" link for past quotes.
Click the audio player below for some quiet music to accompany your reading, if you want to.
Time for a little more humor:
From the journal entry on 9/6/2010: Car Maintainence Like my Own.
I received an ad for performing some routine maintainence on my Jeep, and it struck me that many of the phrases described me as well as the car:
1) "Are there nicks or cracks in the sidewalls?" Yep. I can see ‘em in the mirror.
2) "Do you see bald spots?" Um, yes.
3) "Do you have steering shimmy or wobble." Yep. Some of the time.
4) "Is the suspension stiff or loose?" Sure is.
5) "Are your lights cloudy" Sometimes I can’t see squat.
6) "Do you hear unusual noises?" Boy do I !!
7) "Do you have parts that need to be replaced?" Yeah, but they are only available at the Dealer, and are out of stock.
8) "Any fluids that have dried up and need refills?" Yep. Eye lubricant, Nerve transmission fluid, brain serotonin coolant.
9) "Have you overfilled any fluids?" Occasionally.
10) "Any gaskets dried up and needing replacing." Sure. Rear seal. (See #6)
11) "Do you have a bulb burnt out?" It feels like it from time to time.
12) "Have you checked your spare tire?" Yep. It’s still there.
13) "Have you checked your restraint system" Not necessary. Everything’s restrained now.
14) "Are there any unusual odors coming from the vehicle?". Um, yes. (See #6)
15) "Any moaning or whining?" Sure, don’t we all?
16) "Is the emission control sytem working properly?" Hasn’t for years.
Tillamook River in the Morning
Click the player to listen to the author's "Ambient 9", a nice quiet track.
The Wracklineblog started with the "Hwy 101 Beaches" links. These lead to individual pages covering more than 70 beaches from
Astoria, Oregon down to Brookings, Oregon. Each page has beach/park information, usually a picture of the entrance sign,
and one or more scenic pictures taken by the author.
Here's an illustrated sample
However, the Wracklineblog has expanded, and now has photography tips, an exhaustive list of the most moving ambient music, and a growing health/nutrition section, with vegetarian recipes and nutrition information, and various essays, including the newly-added "excerpts from Jimmie's Journals". Some "HTML coding" references and a cool HTML color tool have also been added.
Wrackline "AD Policy":
NO ads! NOTHING that moves! Period.
However some of the sections have links that will allow you to purchase books and/or other items. For example, the Photography Tips section offers links to purchase the cameras/lenses that were used to create all the pictures in the blog. If you have an interest for any of these books or items, purchasing them by way of these links will provide a little extra income for the author, who is retired.
NOTE: Clicking on these Amazon links takes you to the same location that you would get if you searched for and clicked on yourself. The security level is the same, and there is no difference in price. Amazon has an "Associates" package, in which Amazon itself pays a small percentage to the referring web site.